News and Announcements
Welcome to the Gurney Group website. Let us know if anything is amiss.
- Hear interview on KJZZ (NPR) about power plant CO2 ruling
- Read the AGU EOS article on Ventus
- Read the Gurney commentary in EOS
- check out the Ventus Website on crowd-sourcing global power plants
- Listen to Kevin Gurney's interview on All Things Considered regarding the Hestia Project research
- The Hestia System is now public - check out our press release
- check out Kevin Gurney's position paper on fossil fuel CO2 in Carbon Management
I am a mixture of atmospheric scientist and ecologist working in the broad arena of "global change". In particular, I am interested in quantification and characterization of the global carbon cycle with emphasis on exchanges of CO2 with the terrestrial biosphere and the fossil fuel sources of CO2 to the atmosphere. The future evolution and mechanistic underpinnings of the global carbon cycle are fundamental to climate change research and decision-making on climate change mitigation and adaptation. In addition to my scientific research, I have also continued work in the area of climate change policy through research on those aspects of domestic and international policy that relate to the carbon cycle.
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS AND POSTDOCS
My group has ongoing need for those with background in tracer transport modeling (forward, inverse), energy supply/demand analysis, emissions policy analysis!
I have two specific openings at the moment
some video content highlighting recent work:
The Ventus Project described by Dr. Gurney
Senate Foreign Relations subcommittee testimony on crediting tropical forest
protection within domestic legislative instruments – April 22, 2008.
Discussion on The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur, April 3, 2012
Gurney accepting the Sigma Xi Young Investigator award, 2010