News and Announcements
Welcome to the Gurney Group website. Let us know if anything is amiss.
- Listen to Kevin Gurney's interview on All Things Considered regarding the Hestia Project research
- The Hestia System is now public - check out our press release
- Congratulations to Dr. Daniel Mendoza, our newest Ph.D.!!!
- see our recent sucesses at the American Geophysical Meeting in San Francisco, December 2011
- check out Kevin Gurney's position paper on fossil fuel CO2 in Carbon Management
- Meet our new and continuing group members here
- Congratulations to Charlotte (Kendra) Castillo on her Ph.D.!!
AGU 2011 - San Francisco, CA Dec 5-9
- Session GC31E, Quantification of space/time explicit fossil fuel CO2 emissions in urban domes
- Session B51Q, Urban CO2 Emissions Metabolism: The Hestia Project
Kevin Gurney (Group Leader, Assoc. Prof.
2 invited talks:
Igor Razlivanov (postdoctoral researcher)Poster session B43B-0296, Characterizing, Modeling and Extending Urban Metabolism
Building-specific quantification of fossil fuel CO2 emissions in an urban domain: the case of Indianapolis US
Razlivanov, I., K.R. Gurney, Y. Zhou, J.C. Turnbull, C. Sweeney, D. Guenther, A. Karion, K.J. Davis, N.L. Miles, S. Richardson, T. Lauvaux, P.B. Shepson, M.L. Cambaliza, S.J. Lehman, P.P. Tans.
Xia Zhang (postdoctoral researcher)Poster session B23A-0377, Environmental Constraints of Ecosystem Atmosphere Exchange (NEE)
Climate constraints on inverse-derived regional net carbon ecosystem exchange over North America
Zhang,X., K.R. Gurney, P. Peylin, R. Law, P.K. Patra, P.J. Rayner, C. Rodenbeck, F.Chevallier
Terry Song (Graduate student)Poster session A41B-0084, Evaluation emissions across spatial and temporal scales
Spatial and temporal distribution of onroad CO2 emissions at the urban spatial scale
Song, Y, K.R. Gurney, Y. Zhou and D. Mendoza
Jianhua Huang (Graduate student)Poster session GC33A, Regional Climate Impacts 3: Regional-, Local-, and Urban-Scale Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Air Quality-Climate Interactions
Comparing two national datasets of CO2 Emissions for U.S. Powerplants
Jianhua Huang and Kevin Gurney