News and Announcements
- Comment paper in Nature on urban carbon emissions. find it here
- Check out the latest global emissions product: FFDAS!
- Hear interview on KJZZ (NPR) about power plant CO2 ruling
- Read the AGU EOS article on Ventus
- Read the Gurney commentary in EOS
- check out the Ventus Website on crowd-sourcing global power plants
- Listen to Kevin Gurney's interview on All Things Considered regarding the Hestia Project research
- check out Kevin Gurney's position paper on fossil fuel CO2 in Carbon Management
Carbon and Climate
The relationship between climate variability and carbon exchange with the terrestrial biosphere is fundamental to understanding how the coupled carbon-climate system will change in the future as the planet warms.
I have begun exploring relationships between the inverse-estimated carbon fluxes from the TransCom experiment and indicators of climate variability. Currently, I have been exploring regional carbon exchange and ENSO, precipitation, and temperature.
I thank the TransCom modeling community in addition to Dave Thompson and Amy Hawes for assistance and collaboration.
We expect to produce published work in the near future on this topic.