News and Announcements
- Comment paper in Nature on urban carbon emissions. find it here
- Check out the latest global emissions product: FFDAS!
- Hear interview on KJZZ (NPR) about power plant CO2 ruling
- Read the AGU EOS article on Ventus
- Read the Gurney commentary in EOS
- check out the Ventus Website on crowd-sourcing global power plants
- Listen to Kevin Gurney's interview on All Things Considered regarding the Hestia Project research
- check out Kevin Gurney's position paper on fossil fuel CO2 in Carbon Management
Climate Change Science
Early work on absorbance
In the late-1980s I performed work at the Atmospheric Aerosol group at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory on whole-column absorption of infrared radiation by greenhouse gases CO2 and CH4. Here is the paper that resulted from that work.
In 1991, while working at the Tellus Institute, I put together a simple approach to accounting for greenhouse gas emissions on a country basis. I published a brief paper in Nature’s Scientific Correspondence section on this work.
While at the Institute for Energy and Environmental Research (IEER) in Washington DC working with Arjun Makhijani, I completed a Global Warming Primer which was published in “Science for Democratic Action”, IEERs newsletter.